Covenants and Restrictions of Our Homeowners’ Association
COVENANTS & RESTRICTIONS
- No lot shall be used except for residential purposes.
- No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot, nor shall anything be done thereon, which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
- No permanent signs allowed, except for the signage by developer for the sale of new homes. Directional signage shall be permitted on the weekends only. They may not be installed until after 5:00 pm on Friday and must be removed by 7:00 pm on Sunday.
- No structure of a temporary character, trailer, shack, detached garage, barn or other out buildings shall be used or maintained on any lot at any time either temporarily or permanently.
- No structure or planting, other than driveway or sidewalk, shall be permitted to interfere with any easement which may obstruct or retard direction of any drainage water.
- No above ground swimming pools shall be erected on any lot.
- No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot, except for two (2) dogs, cats or other household pets, which may be kept, provided they are not kept, bred or maintained for commercial purposes.
- No fences shall be built on any part of said lot between the rear of the building constructed thereon and the street in front of the building. Fences erected on said lot from the rear of the building to the back property line shall not be in excess of four (4) feet in height and shall be of rustic rail, decorative wood or hedge.
- No trucks larger than ¾ ton, boats, trailers, campers, mobile homes, motor homes, buses or delivery vans shall be permitted to be parked in excess of forty eight (48) hours, except that any of such vehicles being stored or parked in an enclosed garage, and except that any vehicles being used for the purpose of construction, delivery or repair work upon any lot shall be permitted to park on or in front of a lot on a temporary basis.
- Each lot shall maintain two (2) off street parking spaces, excluding garage.
- No satellite dish antennas or any free standing antennas or receivers shall be permitted. All antennas & receivers must be attached to the principal building on the lot. The maximum allowable height above the roofline shall be ten (10) feet.
- No single-floor residence shall have less than 1000 square feet, no tri-level or bi-level residence shall have less than 1,150 square feet and no two-story residence shall have less than 1,300 square feet; or as approved by the developer.
- These covenants & restrictions are to run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them until December 31, 2010; and shall be automatically extended for an additional fifteen (15) years, unless an instrument signed by a majority of the then owners of the lots has been recorded, agreeing to change said covenants & restrictions in whole or in part.
- Enforcement shall be by proceeding of law or in equity against any person or persons violating or attempting to violate any covenant & restriction. Such proceedings may be to restrain violation and/or to recover damages.
- Invalidation of any one of these covenants & restrictions by judgment or court order shall in no way affect any of the other provisions, which shall remain in full force an effect.
AMENDMENTS TO COVENANTS & RESTRICTIONS
Sheds and outbuildings
Sheds or outbuildings will be permitted, provided the exterior is of a wood construction, painted or vinyl sided in the same color scheme as the main residence. The roof shall be shingled to match the color of the main residence. The dimensions shall not exceed 170 sq ft. No trailers, shacks or metal sheds will be permitted either temporarily or permanently. Additionally, the buildings and areas around them shall be properly maintained.
No fences shall be built on any part of said lot between the rear of the building constructed thereon and the street in front of the building. Fences erected on said lot from the rear of the building to the back of the property line shall not be in excess of six (6) feet in height and shall be of rustic rail, decorative wood, vinyl, painted wrought iron, or hedge.